Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20th

So today I sat outside as still as could be,with my coffee and the big lens on hoping for some bird shots since I'd seen,blue jays,cardinals,goldfinches,robins and red wings all flitting around.
Of course nothing landed while I was out there.I did spy chippie but even he wouldn't hold still long enough.
So today's shot is of a flower I spied whilst waiting for the fore mentioned no show birds.......

All closed up of course since it was overcast here this afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the leaf it looks like a perennial geranium, is it? so sad that it doesn't open when it's shady, it's pretty anyway!

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Pretty picture! I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one sitting outside with camera in hand waiting for the non coming birds! LOL

Ruth said...

Patti if that's you as Anonymous,then yes i think it belongs to the geranium family...I didn't plant it,I have a few that have just appeared !

rocklady said...

yup that would be me ruth, i was too tired to sign in and forgot to sign my name!!! ;)